HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Should we postpone our ca...

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 08:58 PM

Should we postpone our cat's surgery?

As some of you may know our cat has a lump in his neck that needs to be remove. We scheduled it the first date the vet had but my wife completely forgot she has jury duty that same week.

yeah we should have thought about it but it was the last thing on our mind. My wife believe that we should move the surgery for later this month so that one of us can be with the cat at all times.


P.S. do we have a pet forum?

7 replies, 833 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Should we postpone our cat's surgery? (Original post)
diabeticman Jan 2014 OP
NYC_SKP Jan 2014 #1
diabeticman Jan 2014 #3
Sweet Freedom Jan 2014 #2
diabeticman Jan 2014 #4
Sweet Freedom Jan 2014 #6
avebury Jan 2014 #5
840high Jan 2014 #7

Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 09:22 PM

1. We do have a pets forum:

 

Here you go...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1161

You could ask your vet if it's urgent, but I would wait unless the cat is in pain or imminent danger.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 10:51 PM

3. Thank you

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 10:47 PM

2. I recommend that you wait

When my kitty had his neck cyst removed, I was glad I had done it on a Friday before a 3-day weekend. It gave me time to monitor his pain and to make sure he didn't irritate the incision.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Sweet Freedom (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 10:51 PM

4. Thank you

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to diabeticman (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 26, 2014, 12:27 AM

6. You're welcome

And as the others pointed out, check with the vet if the surgery can be delayed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to diabeticman (Original post)

Sat Jan 25, 2014, 10:57 PM

5. I totally understand why you feel that

someone should be able to stay with your cat post op but you should definitely talk to the vet to find out what the impact of delaying surgery would be for your cat. If the vet thinks that you can safely postpone the surgery till later in the month then you could postpone the surgery. However, if the risk to the cat increases because of a delay I would have a hard time delaying the surgery. If it were me, it would come down to what is in the best interest of my cat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to avebury (Reply #5)

Sun Jan 26, 2014, 09:11 PM

7. ...

 

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread