HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Music Appreciation (Group) » Any LL Cool J Fans? Mama...

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 10:33 AM

Any LL Cool J Fans? Mama Said Knock You Out - Country style by Billy Ray Cyrus

Not sure how to feel about this yet. I guess the hip hop country mash up thing is here to stay - at least for a while but I'm not sure about this. Maybe it needs to grow on me

[link:|

LL Cool J's Classic

][link:|

2 replies, 282 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Any LL Cool J Fans? Mama Said Knock You Out - Country style by Billy Ray Cyrus (Original post)
tulipsandroses Dec 2020 OP
blm Dec 2020 #1
wcast Dec 2020 #2

Response to tulipsandroses (Original post)

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 10:38 AM

1. Feels real.

True to his self. He handled the lyrics and my guess is that LL is nodding his head.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tulipsandroses (Original post)

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 11:42 AM

2. Not bad.

The only thing I found lacking was the hook. Too bland and not conveying emotion. As a country song it was decent. The original was LLís re entry to rap, moving his music in a different direction, similar to Fresh Prince becoming Will Smith. LL was defiant, rapping with an edge, stating it wasnít a come back because he was there at the beginning and was still there now, bigger and better. I think he made a successful transition.

I also like his Sirius channel which plays old school rap along with with songs and artists that catch his ear.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread