HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » Photography (Group) » All newbies get in here! ...

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 09:43 PM

All newbies get in here! Oldbees too! - Strobist Lighting 101

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html
Learning how to light is incremental, creative and fun. There is almost no math involved, nor any difficult technical know-how. In fact, good lighting is less like math and more like cooking.

It's like, you taste the soup and if it needs more salt you add some salt. You'll see that when we learn to balance a flash with the existing, ambient light.

I stumbled upon this site a couple of years ago and it got me hooked on portable off camera lighting. I know there have been threads on this some time in the past. If you've seen it before, good. You know what you're in for then. I hope it helped you. Newbies? Prepare to be amazed.

This is a great resource for photographers of all skill levels. Learning how to master lighting is one of the most rewarding and fun parts of photography.

[img][/img]

3 replies, 1591 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply All newbies get in here! Oldbees too! - Strobist Lighting 101 (Original post)
rDigital Sep 2012 OP
liberal N proud Sep 2012 #1
Callalily Sep 2012 #2
Major Nikon Sep 2012 #3

Response to rDigital (Original post)

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 10:01 PM

1. Cool

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Sep 10, 2012, 06:47 AM

2. Thanks!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 10, 2012, 09:36 AM

3. The site is run by David Hobby

I've been to one of his seminars. If you get a chance to go to one, I highly recommend it.

I photograph a lot of events for work and do head shots for managers. My "studio" fits into a couple of bags.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread