HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » Diane Lane To Star In FX ...

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 02:56 PM

Diane Lane To Star In FX Drama Pilot Based On 'Y': The Last Man' Comic Book Series

Diane Lane (Unfaithful, Under the Tuscan Sun) is set to star in FXs Y pilot, its long-gestating drama based on the acclaimed post-apocalyptic science fiction DC comic book series Y: The Last Man. Barry Keoghan (Dunkirk, The Killing of a Sacred Deer), Imogen Poots (Green Room, Frank & Lola) Lashana Lynch (Captain Marvel, Bulletproof), Juliana Canfield (Succession) and Marin Ireland (Sneaky Pete, Hell or High Water) round out the stellar ensemble cast.

Based on the DC Comics series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, Y traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated every male mammal save for one lone human. The new world order of women will explore gender, race, class and survival.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/y-diane-lane-star-fx-drama-pilot-based-y-the-last-man-comic-book-series-1202424783/

3 replies, 620 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Diane Lane To Star In FX Drama Pilot Based On 'Y': The Last Man' Comic Book Series (Original post)
Blue_Adept Jul 2018 OP
Dr Hobbitstein Jul 2018 #1
Blue_Adept Jul 2018 #2
Dr Hobbitstein Jul 2018 #3

Response to Blue_Adept (Original post)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 03:50 PM

1. Awesome! I love that comic. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Dr Hobbitstein (Reply #1)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 03:54 PM

2. longtime favorite of mine, glad to see it's finally moving out of development hell

FX is nailing it with Preacher and Legion so I'm excited to see a strong and authentic take on it.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_Adept (Reply #2)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 03:58 PM

3. I haven't watched Preacher, yet. The wife loves it, though.

Legion was amazing. Love Audrey Plaza in that series.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread