HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Arizona (Group) » Attorney General says chu...

Fri May 1, 2020, 02:39 AM

Attorney General says churchgoers, protesters may congregate closer than six feet apart

Arizonans who assemble to worship or protests don’t necessarily have to keep six feet between them to avoid violating the governor’s executive order and thereby subjecting themselves to arrest and jail, Attorney General Mark Brnovich said Thursday.

In a formal legal opinion, Brnovich pointed out that Gov. Doug Ducey, in his order, specifically permits people to engage in constitutionally protected activity, including religion and speech. But that order said these are allowed only to the extent they are “conducted in a manner that provides appropriate physical distancing to the extent feasible.”

Rep. Kelly Townsend, R-Mesa, who requested the opinion, noted that that Ducey, in other parts of his executive order, specifically required separation of six feet.

So, she asked Brnovich whether getting closer than six feet would put parishioners and others in legal jeopardy and subject them to the $600 fine and six months.

Read more: https://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2020/04/30/attorney-general-says-churchgoers-protesters-may-congregate-closer-than-six-feet-apart/

7 replies, 818 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Attorney General says churchgoers, protesters may congregate closer than six feet apart (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2020 OP
RandySF May 2020 #1
Name removed May 2020 #5
Squinch May 2020 #6
mr_lebowski May 2020 #2
TexasTowelie May 2020 #4
mr_lebowski May 2020 #7
tulipsandroses May 2020 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri May 1, 2020, 02:42 AM

1. This is why elections matter

At all levels.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RandySF (Reply #1)

Response to Name removed (Reply #5)

Fri May 1, 2020, 07:04 AM

6. No. It wouldn't be ok. And that's not actually the NY policy.

The NY policy is to socially distance whenever possible. When it is absolutely not possible, like on a subway, a mask is mandatory.

Socially distancing us still the best defense, with or without masks.

Reply to this post

Fri May 1, 2020, 03:04 AM

2. so ... what if getting a lap dance is a sacrament in my particular religion?

me and trixxxie are in the clear, yeah?

Reply to this post

Response to mr_lebowski (Reply #2)

Fri May 1, 2020, 03:35 AM

4. They wrote a complete set of rules for you, Mr. L.

Welcome to Flagstaff (and note the innuendo)!

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Reply #4)

Fri May 1, 2020, 01:15 PM

7. yes, yes, that's good. the lord's work takes many forms, you understand ... (nt)

Reply to this post

Fri May 1, 2020, 03:18 AM

3. I am so sick of these religious nazis

Ugh, I find myself getting angrier and angrier. I have never been an angry non believer. I used to think live and let live. And that's what has me angry - Some people will die, devastating families because religious fundy nazis that believe in imaginary beings and talk to people not there, buy magical miracle cloths and drink miracle water and other BS doubt science. Ugh!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread