HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » California Democrats lash...

Sat Sep 21, 2019, 04:54 AM

California Democrats lash out at Trump over homelessness remarks. Nancy Pelosi remains quiet

Nearly every California congressional Democrat sent President Donald Trump a letter on Thursday rejecting his ideas on homelessness. The one notable exception: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The letter, signed by 45 Democrats, chastises Trump for attempting to slash social programs they argue could get people off the streets. They write that Trump has shown a “fundamental misunderstanding” of homelessness.

“We are grateful for your increased interest in this issue, and despite other disagreements or political fights, we look forward to working with you to meaningfully address homelessness in communities across the country,” the letter reads.

It followed a fundraising swing through the Bay Area and Los Angeles this week in which Trump turned California’s homelessness crisis into a line of attack against the state’s Democratic leaders. He told reporters on Air Force One that residents of San Francisco and Los Angeles are “fed up.”

Read more: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article235313762.html

4 replies, 751 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply California Democrats lash out at Trump over homelessness remarks. Nancy Pelosi remains quiet (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 21 OP
democratisphere Sep 21 #1
dem4decades Sep 21 #2
Tarc Sep 21 #3
dem4decades Sep 21 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Sep 21, 2019, 05:23 AM

1. F' drumpf and everything he says and does.

Homelessness shouldn't exist on the scale it does in our country. Poverty shouldn't exist on the scale it does in our country. America ain't great and it sure as hell is in a mess. Corporate America, Washington DC and the wealthiest shoulder most of the responsibility for where we are. It will probably only get worse with time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Sep 21, 2019, 06:29 AM

2. I wanted to send Pelosi a message, went to her webpage and it requires you to put a zip code in from

her district. WTF? Isn't she Speaker of the House of the United States Congress? Her actions effect all of us. I should be able to leave a message.

Reply to this post

Response to dem4decades (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 21, 2019, 06:55 AM

3. There are two different places to contact; one for her constituents, one for the Speaker.

Reply to this post

Response to Tarc (Reply #3)

Sat Sep 21, 2019, 06:57 AM

4. Thank you. I want to send the message - The time is NOW!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread