HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maryland (Group) » Governor Larry Hogan

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:05 PM

Governor Larry Hogan

I'm a lifelong democrat. I have always been willing to support republicans when it is justified, although that hasn't happened often. I've also been willing to criticize democrats as well (unfortunately too often, but not as often as I criticize those with an R after their name). But that said, I am a partisan. I feel like the best future for our country is a blue future. But now I have a quandary: Governor Larry Hogan.

He has done well in the recent Covid19 press conferences. I agree with how he has handled shutting down businesses and schools. I like him, despite the 'R'. He has done other good things as well, and my impression of him his positive.

Maybe he is the real deal, maybe he is another Rudy 'Mayor of 911' Giuliani, I don't know, so asking our community for thoughts on Hogan?

2 replies, 424 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Governor Larry Hogan (Original post)
ZERTErYNOthe Wednesday OP
elleng Wednesday #1
DEbluedude Thursday #2

Response to ZERTErYNOthe (Original post)

Wed Mar 25, 2020, 09:17 PM

1. Pleased he's indicated he's NOT with tr recently,

saw his expression of disfavor tonight, he has stepped up. I'm not willing to go further.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ZERTErYNOthe (Original post)

Thu Mar 26, 2020, 07:56 AM

2. Hogan reminds me of old-school politicians,

along the vein of an Arlen Spector. He's an enigma in todays political environment. And, he's regarded relatively well among those of both political stripes. As a former Marylander, I have watched his political career with interest. Conservative, with a conscious. Definitely not a Ghouliani - not even close, thank god; one of him is enough.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread