HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » 'We are so thankful': Boy...

Thu Sep 5, 2019, 05:30 AM

'We are so thankful': Boy thrown from third-floor balcony at Minnesota mall returns home

A 5-year-old boy returned home nearly five months after he was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America in Minnesota.

The boy’s family confirmed on his GoFundMe page that he returned home after completing inpatient treatment. The campaign, which has raised more than $1 million, identifies the boy only as Landen and says he’ll continue outpatient treatment at home.

“Thank you to all of you who prayed for us and loved us during the past 4½ months,” the family's post says. “You helped to give us hope and show us the Glory of God’s great love here on earth even during the darkest of days.”

In August, Landen was moved from intensive care into a rehabilitation program for multiple injuries, according to updates the family posts on the campaign’s page.

Read more: https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/04/boy-thrown-third-floor-balcony-mall-america-returns-home/2207054001/
(St. Cloud Times)

2 replies, 809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'We are so thankful': Boy thrown from third-floor balcony at Minnesota mall returns home (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 2019 OP
BlueMississippi Sep 2019 #1
dflprincess Sep 2019 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Sep 5, 2019, 03:19 PM

1. Good luck to the boy

It must have been and will be a tough recovery for him and his parents.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Sep 5, 2019, 09:57 PM

2. I am truly glad the child is home & hope his recovery continues.

But, sorry, just once I'd like to read a statement from his family where they thank the medical personnel at Children's. Even if they say they thank God for the skill of the doctors & nurses. At least acknowledge the people who saved him in some way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread