HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New Mexico (Group) » New Mexico advances bills...

Wed Mar 31, 2021, 10:53 PM

New Mexico advances bills to legalize recreational marijuana

SANTA FE, N.M (AP) Legislators mounted a charge toward legalizing recreational marijuana in New Mexico, as House lawmakers on Wednesday sent an approved framework for pot sales, business licenses and taxation to the state Senate for consideration.

The Senate prepared for a decisive evening vote on a House-approved bill to to legalize recreational cannabis for adults 21 and older, after sidelining a competing Republican proposal.

The House voted 38-32 to approve the measure, with several House Democrats joining Republicans in opposition.

Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham called a special session of the Legislature to legalize recreational cannabis after time ran out during a regular annual legislative session.

Read more: https://wacotrib.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/new-mexico-advances-bills-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana/article_c0b9e57c-6fc6-57bd-a341-b2adc6bedc36.html
(Waco Tribune-Herald)

3 replies, 478 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply New Mexico advances bills to legalize recreational marijuana (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 31 OP
Ponietz Mar 31 #1
TexasTowelie Mar 31 #2
vercetti2021 Apr 1 #3

Response to Ponietz (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 31, 2021, 11:53 PM

2. Gov. Abbott will need to beef up the DPS patrols to catch all of the smugglers coming into Texas. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 1, 2021, 12:10 AM

3. Good luck

Tons come from Colorado. I know a few sellers that get their supply there. Hell I'll admit I've came back with some myself.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread