HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » New York (Group) » Brooklyn yeshivas continu...

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 06:50 PM

Brooklyn yeshivas continue to defy de Blasio's public measles vaccination order: 44 new cases

Brooklyn yeshivas continue to defy de Blasio’s public measles vaccination order: 44 new cases diagnosed since mayor’s emergency order to immunize

The New York Department of Health shut down an Orthodox Jewish day care center in Brooklyn Monday for refusing to hand over immunization and attendance records in violation of the city’s emergency order mandating proof of vaccination.

Health officials slammed 23 other yeshivas and day care centers with citations for violating the order to keep kids without shots way from other students as 44 new measles cases were identified by the DOH.

“This outbreak will continue to worsen, and the case count will grow if child care programs and schools do not follow our direction,” Dr. Oxiris Barbot, city health commissioner, said. “It’s crucial in this outbreak that child care programs and schools maintain up to date and accurate immunization and attendance records. It’s the only way we can make sure schools are properly keeping unvaccinated students and staff out of child care centers to hasten the end of this outbreak.”

The United Talmudical Academy on 75 Ross Street in Williamsburg, where two cases were identified, was shuttered for repeatedly refusing to let health officials inspect their records. There are about 200 students at the school.

Read more: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-measles-public-health-emergency-daycare-deblasio-20190415-uhbldkzuh5dy3alrmhfvdnr6hq-story.html

3 replies, 390 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brooklyn yeshivas continue to defy de Blasio's public measles vaccination order: 44 new cases (Original post)
TexasTowelie Monday OP
tymorial Monday #1
customerserviceguy Monday #3
BigmanPigman Monday #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 07:13 PM

1. Selfish people

If you want to hold beliefs that are contrary to our social compact and public health then keep your kids at home. My daughter is about 80 to 90 percent protected but she isnt old enough to have the booster. I feel comfortable that in this area she is safe but we shouldnt fear bringing our children in public.

One of these days kids are going to die or be permanently disabled and there will be major lawsuits.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tymorial (Reply #1)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 09:10 PM

3. In my experience

Hasidic Jews are pretty much like that. I had to dodge armies of them when I drove in New York State.

Reply to this post

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 08:31 PM

2. Part of this attitude about vaccinations is

the result of Russian bots and social media purposely trying to divide Americans.

"Russian trolls 'spreading discord' over vaccine safety online"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/aug/23/russian-trolls-spread-vaccine-misinformation-on-twitter?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread