HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » Tim Scott could change hi...

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 09:59 PM

Tim Scott could change his mind on backing Kavanaugh

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Tim Scott still backs Brett Kavanaugh to serve on the Supreme Court, but the South Carolina Republican also said he could change his mind.

Scott’s view is markedly different from most other GOP senators, who are not wavering in their support for Kavanaugh as he battles allegations of sexual misconduct — even before they have had a chance to hear sworn testimony from one of his accusers.

“It would be foolish of me to say I am unwilling to be open to changing my mind if something pops up,” Scott told McClatchy on Tuesday. Kavanaugh is scheduled to speak Thursday before the Senate Judiciary Committee alongside Christine Blasey Ford, a professor accusing the nominee of attempted rape more than three decades ago.

“We should be willing to hear with an open mind the accusations and any evidence or proof that (Ford) has that may not have been presented,” Scott added.

Read more: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/justice/supreme-court/article218996150.html

1 replies, 1179 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Tim Scott could change his mind on backing Kavanaugh (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 2018 OP
RockRaven Sep 2018 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Sep 26, 2018, 10:34 PM

1. Scott strikes me as the type of opportunist who would vote against Kav once he's sure

that the nomination is going to fail by more than 1 vote. Like say all the red state Dems vote no, along with 3-4 Repukes. Then I see him jumping on the "no" bandwagon.

But would he play the McCain role of the one unexpected "no" which just barely sinks the ship? I would be SHOCKED.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread