HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » South Carolina (Group) » Lindsey Graham poised to ...

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 05:53 AM

Lindsey Graham poised to become judiciary panel chairman -- and a big Democratic target

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham is poised to become the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the next Congress, giving him both influence and exposure ó and a new, politically risky stature as a Democratic target.

Aside from running for president in 2015, the South Carolina Republican has never held a position with such a high level of visibility and unique set of challenges in his decades-long career.

Now heís about to move into one of Congressí most visible positions as he and President Donald Trump prepare to run for re-election in 2020.

Grahamís primary responsibility will be moving Trumpís judicial nominees through the Senate, helping the president cement his legacy by confirming conservative judges to lifetime tenures on the federal bench.

Read more: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article221425120.html

2 replies, 885 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lindsey Graham poised to become judiciary panel chairman -- and a big Democratic target (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 2018 OP
duforsure Nov 2018 #1
Pa-Kid Nov 2018 #2

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 06:11 AM

1. Graham is going to be in deep , deep trouble,

When all is exposed, on him and others in Congress. I'd be scared if I were him .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 05:48 PM

2. That will make it way to easy

for Trump to pull still more right-wing nuts in as judges since Graham has been kissing Trump back side for all he's worth!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread