HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Texas (Group) » 13 Walmart protesters arr...

Fri Nov 29, 2013, 11:40 PM

13 Walmart protesters arrested in Balch Springs

Balch Springs police arrested 13 protesters today outside a Walmart Supercenter store.

The protesters were blocking the east and west bound traffic in the 12300 block of Lake June Road, creating “a dangerous situation for protesters and the public,” according to statement issued by police.

Officers “asked them several times to move out of the roadway and they refused to comply,” the statement said.

The protesters, with the United Food & Commercial Workers International Union, were charged with “walking on a roadway where sidewalks provided,” a misdemeanor.

More at http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2013/11/walmart-protesters-arrested-in-balch-springs.html/ .

3 replies, 1003 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 13 Walmart protesters arrested in Balch Springs (Original post)
TexasTowelie Nov 2013 OP
Ilsa Nov 2013 #1
Lobo27 Nov 2013 #2
DhhD Nov 2013 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sat Nov 30, 2013, 01:12 AM

1. Happy Thanksgiving, TT!

I missed seeing your daily posts these last few days. I hope your holiday was nice!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Nov 30, 2013, 09:43 AM

2. Damn I live within walking distance of

That place.

Reply to this post

Sat Nov 30, 2013, 01:21 PM

3. Looking for the whole national workforce of Walmart to unionize and get the pay they are asking for.

Many Americans are unaware of the power of Unions and need to see the We The People in action. We The People also includes taxpayers subsidies in the form of welfare.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread