HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » International » Canada (Group) » Second grader in wheelcha...

Tue Jun 18, 2013, 06:41 PM

Second grader in wheelchair set apart from classmates in school photo

This poor little guy just wants to belong. Brings a tear to your eye and a bit of anger for him being singled out, as if he doesn't have a difficult time already trying to fit in

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/second-grader-in-wheelchair-set-apart-from-classmates-in-school-photo-153816157.html

Class photos usually end up on the family fridge, but the snapshot Anne Belanger received of her sonís Grade 2 class in New Westminster, B.C. went straight back into the envelope in which it arrived.

The mother of Miles Ambridge was heartbroken to see that her seven-year-old boy, who has spinal muscular atrophy and, as a result, must use a wheelchair, had been placed, chair and all, far off to the side from the rest of his classmates.

2 replies, 1499 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Second grader in wheelchair set apart from classmates in school photo (Original post)
shockedcanadian Jun 2013 OP
NYC_SKP Jun 2013 #1
ellenfl Jun 2013 #2

Response to shockedcanadian (Original post)

Tue Jun 18, 2013, 07:06 PM

1. I'm glad they've agreed to re-shoot the pic. The boy is adorable.(nt)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to shockedcanadian (Original post)

Tue Jun 18, 2013, 07:32 PM

2. looked thoughtless, not intended. they should have ditched the bleachers and

arranged chairs around him. unfortunate but it does not look to me that there was malice.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread