HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Offbeat » Weird News (Group) » Woman says $26M Californi...

Fri May 14, 2021, 06:46 PM

Woman says $26M California lottery ticket destroyed in wash

NORWALK, Calif. (AP) — The winner of a $26 million California Lottery prize may have literally washed the chance of a fortune down the drain.

The winning SuperLotto Plus ticket for the Nov. 14 drawing was sold at an Arco AM/PM convenience store in the Los Angeles suburb of Norwalk. Thursday was the last day to redeem it.

Nobody did.

Store employee Esperanza Hernandez told the Whittier Daily News that a woman came in Wednesday and told workers that she had put the ticket in her pants and it was destroyed in the laundry.

The store’s manager told KTLA-TV that surveillance video showed the woman who bought the ticket, and she's known to store workers.

snip

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/woman-says-26m-california-lottery-ticket-destroyed-in-wash/ar-BB1gIq5J

-----------------------------------------------

That sounds like something I would do. I buy a lottery ticket when it goes ridiculously high then I always forget to check the numbers.

2 replies, 903 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Woman says $26M California lottery ticket destroyed in wash (Original post)
catbyte May 14 OP
CentralMass May 14 #1
bucolic_frolic May 22 #2

Response to catbyte (Original post)

Fri May 14, 2021, 07:19 PM

1. I hate it when that happens.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to catbyte (Original post)

Sat May 22, 2021, 06:42 PM

2. The perils of life must be backed up with habits and systems

Seat of the pants lotteries are neither. This is why the poor remain poor.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread