HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Politics & Government » Congress (Group) » Republican Rep. Brooks: 3...

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 12:06 PM

Republican Rep. Brooks: 30-40 Republican 'no' votes on health bill

Source: Reuters

POLITICS | Thu Mar 23, 2017 | 9:58am EDT

Republican Rep. Brooks: 30-40 Republican 'no' votes on health bill

Republican U.S. Representative Mo Brooks said he believed up to 40 Republicans still opposed their party's healthcare legislation on Thursday, while the chairman of the House of Representatives Ways and Means committee said he was not sure when a vote would be taken.

"In my judgment right now there are probably about 30 or 40 'no' votes on the Republican side," Brooks, a member of the conservative Freedom Caucus, said on MSNBC. Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady said he believed Republicans were getting closer to a measure they could agree on.

"I don't know the timing on this, but I know we are getting very close," Brady said on Fox News. "I know we still have work to do to make sure members' concerns are heard."

(Reporting by Doina Chiacu and Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-obamacare-brooks-idUSKBN16U1U9

1 replies, 1965 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republican Rep. Brooks: 30-40 Republican 'no' votes on health bill (Original post)
Eugene Mar 2017 OP
beachbum bob Mar 2017 #1

Response to Eugene (Original post)

Thu Mar 23, 2017, 12:16 PM

1. If I was Pelosi, I'd be demanding a vote on their repeal and replace bill NOW and at every

opportunity to get the conservatives officially on the record for the 2018 election.....they have had 7 years...and we can not let them run from their ineptness....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread