HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Economy & Education » Education (Group) » 5 best & worst states for...

Mon Jul 30, 2018, 04:12 PM

5 best & worst states for school systems

Here, the top five states that can brag about their educational systems, along with their total score out of 100:

Massachusetts; 74.2 (No. 1 in both "Quality" and "Safety" categories)
New Jersey; 67.1
Connecticut; 66.9
New Hampshire; 65.1
Vermont; 63.2

Worst School Systems:

Arizona; 37.5
Alaska; 35.9
District of Columbia; 33.6
Louisiana; 32.5 (last in "Safety" category)
New Mexico; 31.5 (last in "Quality" category)

http://www.newser.com/story/262642/5-us-states-with-best-worst-school-systems.html

1 replies, 1200 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply 5 best & worst states for school systems (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Jul 2018 OP
vi5 Jul 2018 #1

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Mon Jul 30, 2018, 04:23 PM

1. And yet here in New Jersey...

..we have to hear an endless stream of bs about how our schools are failing. Yes, we have some bad districts but those are the very impoverished districts which hold a whole host of home life challenges for teachers and education systems. The vast, VAST majority of our districts are incredibly good.

The reason there are so many complaints is that our state has a very strong teachers union and very good benefits which.....wait for it.....attract very good teachers.

I wish I could say that it was only Republicans in the state who were guilty of spreading misinformation about our school system, but sadly it is a bipartisan problem. And I wish I could count on it staying this way, but sadly the charter school blight (also bipartisan!) is spreading throughout the state and it won't be long before we get the full Devoes treatment.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread