HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Gardening (Group) » Question regarding bed-de...

Thu Jul 25, 2019, 09:39 AM

Question regarding bed-defining edgers.

Cross-posted from the Lounge

I'm just a homeowner, but I want to make clear, crisp edges along my garden beds like the ones that commercial edgers are capable of making. Technically, you only use them at the beginning of the season because they're designed to throw the excess dirt into the bed. Something you don't want to do after the mulch has been applied.

Realistically, there are only two bed defining edgers on the market. One is from Stihl and the other from Echo. Both are gas driven, hand-held machines. I prefer not to have a gas operated machine so I'm looking for options.

So, does anyone have any garden hack that can accomplish the same task without resorting to a manual edger? Because the line trimmers and common edgers just are not cutting it.

2 replies, 483 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Question regarding bed-defining edgers. (Original post)
Baitball Blogger Jul 2019 OP
Louis1895 Jul 2019 #1
Major Nikon Jul 2019 #2

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Thu Jul 25, 2019, 10:53 AM

1. Have you considered doing it manually?

Check out this video:

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Thu Jul 25, 2019, 04:48 PM

2. If you have a lot to do you can rent one

The commercial type bed definers do a much better job. They are gas operated, but once established you should be able to maintain it manually all season if you stay it top of it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread