HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Gardening (Group) » Moth found this morning, ...

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

Moth found this morning, but when I look it up it seems to be listed as British.

Found in Okla.

?s=20

Any bug people here?

3 replies, 650 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Moth found this morning, but when I look it up it seems to be listed as British. (Original post)
5X Jun 2020 OP
SWBTATTReg Jun 2020 #1
2naSalit Jun 2020 #2
Kali Jun 2020 #3

Response to 5X (Original post)

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:20 AM

1. Neat! This looks familiar to some moths I've seen in the Ozarks, not quite like the neat Luna moths

I've seen too there, but this one you have pictured here (by the way, a great picture!), I'm not sure what this is. Hope you find out what it is, I'd be interested too in finding out about. I haven't seen too many of these (the one you pictured), but they remind me of a mean looking critter w/ hostile eyes...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jun 2, 2020, 11:55 AM

2. Those are common in

the mid-west. I found a recently deceased one once and put it in a cigar box, it was almost too big to fit. But it was eaten by mites after a short spell... glad I kept it in the garage.

In high elevation of Montana, I saw one with no color, just grey and white with a little black. It was pretty big and I was astonished to see a moth that size at 7,000ft elevation. I took pictures of that one since it was on the doorstep at my workplace early in the morning and I had my camera in the car. I don't know what became of it after I entered the building.

Reply to this post

Wed Jun 3, 2020, 12:42 AM

3. some kind of sphinx moth

caterpillars are commonly called hornworms, they will eat your tomato plants

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread