HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Race & Ethnicity » Race & Ethnicity (Group) » "Little White Lie&qu...

Mon Mar 23, 2015, 10:01 AM

"Little White Lie" PBS show about an Italian woman who finds out about her black father...

This morning I heard NPR interviewing the subject of the program on PBS' Independent Lens tonight. Don't remember her name at the moment, but her story is that she grew up looking different from the rest of the family and the explanation was that some Sicilian ancestor had somehow popped up in her genes.

Eventually, her mother admits to having a long term affair with the black man who was her father. The program will explore her relief at finally knowing the truth and her feelings as an outsider and finding acceptance and understanding with black college students-- other "outsiders".

I'm not sure this is the proper forum to post this, but as we see interracial couples and their children becoming more common we'll also be seeing more questions about racial identity.

1 replies, 1800 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Little White Lie" PBS show about an Italian woman who finds out about her black father... (Original post)
TreasonousBastard Mar 2015 OP
PoliticAverse Mar 2015 #1

Reply to this thread