HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Race & Ethnicity » African American (Group) » He "needs to learn". WTH

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 11:30 AM

He "needs to learn". WTH

From rawstory.com

Mississippi Republican tells Black lawmaker he ‘needs to learn’ as Confederate emblem flies behind them

Published

1 min ago
on

June 29, 2020
A live television interview with two Mississippi lawmakers was tainted by a man who insisted on flying the state’s flag with a Confederate emblem in the background.

Just hours after Mississippi’s legislature voted to allow the Confederate battle emblem to be removed from the state flag, MSNBC spoke to state House Minority Leader Robert Johnson III.

As Johnson spoke, a man behind him positioned the Mississippi flag so that the Confederate battle emblem could be seen above the Black lawmaker’s head.

“The flag is just a beginning,” Johnson said, motioning to Mississippi’s Republican Speaker of the House Philip Gunn, who was also in the live shot.
More at link: https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/mississippi-republican-tells-black-lawmaker-he-needs-to-learn-as-confederate-emblem-flies-behind-them/

Watch video:

2 replies, 1017 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply He "needs to learn". WTH (Original post)
spicysista Jun 2020 OP
aeromanKC Jun 2020 #1
spicysista Jun 2020 #2

Response to spicysista (Original post)

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 11:33 AM

1. I was just waiting for him to say Boy.

I had my shoe ready to throw at the TV.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to aeromanKC (Reply #1)

Mon Jun 29, 2020, 11:42 AM

2. Me too!

I just knew that was going to come out of his mouth! I had my pillow, in hand, and ready to receive my scream!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread