HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Gaming (Group) » virtual vacations

Mon Jan 9, 2017, 04:59 PM

virtual vacations

i don't have enough money for a really nice vacation, but i'm planning to spend much of the next few years traveling to far off lands via RPGs
- Skyrim, a virtual country with a united stable government unhindered by foreign conspiracies
- Witcher 2-3, a virtual world free of discrimination and concentrations of wealth, where my personal decisions will have no consequences on the lives of others
- Fallout 3-4, (already had my fill of 1-2 and Tactics) a virtual world where sane government prevailed over environmental challenges rather than exacerbating them
- nethack, to really give my video card the workout it deserves

in case it wasn't obvious

yep, can't afford real vacations to decent places, but i can afford a new GPU (just got the 1070 up & running yesterday) which, i hope, will keep me sufficiently distracted & entertained to avoid terminal depression

i'd also add LOZ:Breath of the Wild to the mix, but i can't think of an anti-reason to go there at the moment.

do you have any "virtual vacations" planned for next year? where are you "going"?

1 replies, 1018 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply virtual vacations (Original post)
0rganism Jan 2017 OP
woodsprite Jan 2017 #1

Response to 0rganism (Original post)

Mon Jan 9, 2017, 05:03 PM

1. My son and daughter have enjoyed No Mans Sky. Got it this xmas for the PS4.

In the real world, we're getting passports for our son and ourselves. Our daughter already has one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread