HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Science » Weather Watchers (Group) » A sudden pattern change w...

Mon May 11, 2020, 01:00 PM

A sudden pattern change will dramatically heat up the East and cool down the West by the weekend.

'After record cold and snow in the East, a dose of late spring and summer is coming.

After a weeks-long stretch of chilly weather in the East and scorching warmth across the West, the stubborn pattern dominating the nationís weather is just days away from easing its harsh grip on the country. A dramatic warm-up is in store for cold-weary residents in the Northeast, where temperatures up to 30 degrees below normal and even snow made the start of May feel more like March.

Meanwhile, the unbearable heat sizzling the Southwest has begun to ease. Monday could be the first day in a week that Phoenix doesnít hit 100 degrees, a welcome relief from the brutal scorcher that has brought summertime temperatures a month ahead of schedule.

The dramatic changes come as a weather pattern shift teeters the United Statesí meteorological seesaw in the other direction. Itís set to shuffle the obstinately stagnant air masses, but it could also favor a flurry of active weather in the nationís heartland.'>>>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/05/11/weather-pattern-change/?

3 replies, 862 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply A sudden pattern change will dramatically heat up the East and cool down the West by the weekend. (Original post)
elleng May 2020 OP
woodsprite May 2020 #1
2naSalit May 2020 #2
LizBeth May 2020 #3

Response to elleng (Original post)

Mon May 11, 2020, 01:04 PM

1. And my "Hot Snaps" hand warmers just arrived this morning.

Maybe I should have ordered them a couple of weeks ago ensuring that spring/summer temps would have arrived earlier.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon May 11, 2020, 02:14 PM

2. Well, it's snowing here today

and looks like it will for much of the week.

Reply to this post

Mon May 11, 2020, 02:22 PM

3. 3 days of 80's I am so happy to get back to the 60's. Came in yesterday evening.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread