HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » Clinton Rationale For pri...

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 10:54 AM

Clinton Rationale For private Server... "Convenience!" Yes, A Poor Decision Hillary, Perhaps...

just your second worse decision after... Voting to Invade Iraq!

The ONLY question that ANY citizen should ask before deciding to install a private email server in your home where as Secretary of State government communications and business will take place (in addition to your private email communication) is...

Will I as Secretary of State EVER be receiving or having to send sensitive email communications i.e., TOP SECRET, CLASSIFIED or SAP/SAR?

Hillary's judgement on this... NOPE! or No problem... "I'm opting for convenience..."

or As Foreign Policy Guru that she purports herself to be...

SHE NEVER thought... TO ASK HERSELF THE FRIGGING QUESTION... Before she decided on installing the server!

Respected former Defense Secretary Robert Gates expressed concern over possible Hack by Russia, Iran or Chinese of Clinton's private server! http://theweek.com/speedreads/600728/did-russia-read-hillary-clintons-emails-robert-gates-says-odds-are-pretty-high

Just as with her Iraq decision, Libya, Quaddafi and a host of others... Hillary NEVER paused to consider the larger consequences of her decision(s).

And Hillary wants US to TRUST HER JUDGEMENT as President of the United States? Why Certainly...

When America elects a President, the one characteristic above all others that we require is JUDGEMENT.

Hillary from opting to take HUGE speaking fees from Wall Street Banks which former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell recently noted "Was not a smart move if she was planning to run for President..." to the email server, to a lackadaisical attitude toward management prerogatives in Benghazi and the decision to overthrow Quaddhafi that preceded it...

should give Americans pause in who they consider to represent their interests and safety as both President and Commander in Chief.

The personal political history and performance of Hillary Clinton that America has observed over both the long and short term should therefor be cause for concern. The evidence is clear that Hillary Clinton has a well demonstrated propensity for poor judgement, and less than optimal associated decision making.

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/29/464811045/as-iowa-caucuses-near-clinton-email-probe-persists

Clinton's campaign responded that the new roadblock "appears to be over-classification run amok" and that it will "pursue all appropriate avenues to see that her emails are released in a manner consistent with her call last year." SNIP

"It was a mistake because who wants to put people through all of this?" Clinton said. "I don't want to go through it; I don't want to put a lot of my friends through it. So it was a mistake."

Clinton stated previously that "Her vote to Invade Iraq was just one instance and that was a mistake" as well...

As someone who wants so badly to be ... The First Woman President, she sure makes a lot of "Mistakes!"

If in the end Hillary fails in her quest to be ... The First Woman President, she will have no one else to blame but herself.

35 replies, 2621 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 35 replies Author Time Post
Reply Clinton Rationale For private Server... "Convenience!" Yes, A Poor Decision Hillary, Perhaps... (Original post)
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 OP
Metric System Jan 2016 #1
Logical Jan 2016 #3
KittyWampus Jan 2016 #10
Logical Jan 2016 #14
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #26
ViseGrip Jan 2016 #4
KittyWampus Jan 2016 #12
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #22
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #34
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #5
awake Jan 2016 #7
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #30
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #29
ViseGrip Jan 2016 #2
Metric System Jan 2016 #9
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #21
HereSince1628 Jan 2016 #24
KittyWampus Jan 2016 #6
libdem4life Jan 2016 #27
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #35
loyalsister Jan 2016 #28
onecaliberal Jan 2016 #8
MBS Jan 2016 #17
TwilightGardener Jan 2016 #11
Motown_Johnny Jan 2016 #13
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #18
restorefreedom Jan 2016 #19
jberryhill Jan 2016 #15
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #20
MBS Jan 2016 #16
msongs Jan 2016 #23
CorporatistNation Jan 2016 #25
jfern Jan 2016 #31
Rosa Luxemburg Jan 2016 #32
bobbobbins01 Jan 2016 #33

Response to CorporatistNation (Original post)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 10:56 AM

1. Sanders supporters must be nervous.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Metric System (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 10:58 AM

3. Shit yes we are nervous, we might have Hillary as president. So we should be nervous. nt

Reply to this post

Response to Logical (Reply #3)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:01 AM

10. What makes me nervous is Sanders can't control his own staffers and he's running for POTUS

not school board or even senator from a tiny, rural state.

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #10)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:04 AM

14. Sanders is a liberal, hillary, not so much. nt

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #10)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 03:43 PM

26. Total Nonsense From People WhoHave never Been In A Campaign Before and Complain

about diddlysquat!

Reply to this post

4. They are nervous she cannot win a general election.

And now the Epstein fiasco is back on the blogs.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1251&pid=1095757

Reply to this post

Response to ViseGrip (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:02 AM

12. Funny how Sanders supporters never stop to think how easily he'd be ripped to shreds

by the same Republican attack machine Hillary has stood up to for decades.

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #12)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 12:18 PM

22. BIGGGG CROSSOVER FOR Sanders, Repubs AND Indys... Reverse Is TRUE For Hillary...

In fact, Hillary has a huge cohort with deeply ingrained animosity toward her who WILL be motivated to come out merely to vote AGAINST her in a General Election. These are the facts which must not be ignored.

Reply to this post

Response to ViseGrip (Reply #4)

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 12:35 PM

34. More Shoes Dropping... Again Secretary of State That Does Not Get Classified Emails?

Reply to this post

5. Not in the least... Energized WouldBe More Appropriate!

!

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:00 AM

7. All democratics should be nervous

Hillarys action could bring down the party

Reply to this post

Response to awake (Reply #7)

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 01:27 AM

30. More Poor Judgement Followed By A FLIP FLOP! ...

http://nypost.com/2016/01/26/hillary-clinton-un-admits-her-e-mail-error/

There she goes again. Hillary Clinton just withdrew her (partial) admission of error in her email mess.

At Monday’s town-hall event, she dismissed the notion that setting up a private, non-secure email server — and then using it to store over 1,300 pages with classified material — was a mistake.

“I’m not willing to say it was an error in judgment,” she told CNN’s Chris Cuomo. “Nothing I did was wrong.”

Another Mis Judgement!

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 12:21 AM

29. Being President Is About Having Good JUDGEMENT! That Is The Most Important Qualification!

Hillary has a well demonstrated history over many years of her judgement being of poor quality leading to in some cases terrible decisions and consequences.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 10:56 AM

2. It's ridiculous she has gotten away with it for this long....has a staffer even been questioned?

Reply to this post

Response to ViseGrip (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:01 AM

9. You should bring these concerns to a Right-Wing forum.

Reply to this post

Response to Metric System (Reply #9)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:40 AM

21. Points Made Here Are COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE!

That is where the Hillbots are out of touch... They ignore the TRUTH at OUR peril.

Reply to this post

Response to ViseGrip (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 12:34 PM

24. Yes, and the guy that installed plead his right to silence under Amend. V n/t

Reply to this post

6. Keep flogging that Republican horse. It only makes Sanders supporters appear desperate.

At least now you don't have to do BENGHAZI anymore.

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #6)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 03:56 PM

27. I doubt anyone believes her. Just some choose not to care. I can understand that. I've voted many

an election for a candidate I was unenthused about and had to overlook certain aspects that did not appeal to me...this will be my first enthusiastic vote.

So, I think the flogging horses analogy just a bit, um, over the top. Do you also think the FBI and State Dept are flogging her? She doesn't wear Victim very well.

Reply to this post

Response to libdem4life (Reply #27)

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 08:07 PM

35. Not Caring About HillBill's Foibles Is Political Suicide!

Pitiful!

Reply to this post

Response to KittyWampus (Reply #6)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 04:18 PM

28. The only reason the Benghazi BS gained traction

is Hillary's long standing history of lying (Bosnia bullets, dead broke, etc) and controversies with enough truth to justify investigations (Whitewater).
Being married to a man who committed perjury (no it wasn't impeachment worthy) as POTUS, doesn't help much, either. She ants to claim credit for the 90s and deny association with Bill's arrogance and dishonesty, despite the Tammy Wynette enablement routine.

Reply to this post

8. Poor judgement demonstrated on so many levels.

Reply to this post

Response to onecaliberal (Reply #8)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:09 AM

17. " " " n/t

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:02 AM

11. It's so convenient to hire a personal IT guy to manage your emails outside of the system

you're SUPPOSED to use. I mean, isn't it convenient to have to do payroll and manage his schedule and do all the tax stuff that comes with hiring your own private staff?

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:03 AM

13. Wasn't advocating the no fly zone in Syria her second worst ever?

Or maybe it was calling the TPP the gold standard of trade deals.

Or claiming that single payer would never ever come to pass.

Of course it could have been saying that marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman.

So many choices. I can't pick one.

Reply to this post

Response to Motown_Johnny (Reply #13)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:11 AM

18. OOOPss Forgot No Fly Zone...

Lighting the fuse to start WWIII would be a nice touch ... on top of everything else...... Hillary has problems? She ONLY needs to look herself in the mirror.

Reply to this post

Response to Motown_Johnny (Reply #13)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:15 AM

19. and a 12 min wage....nt

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:05 AM

15. What is your position on Snowden and Manning?

As dumb as the spectacle of seeing Hillary supporters oppose single payer, I'm fascinated by those who laud the efforts of Snowden and Manning to publish sensitive government communications, but who have suddenly become concerned over the potential vulnerability of a handful of emails.

Reply to this post

Response to jberryhill (Reply #15)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:18 AM

20. Snowden Published Govt. Intrusion Into Our Lives... Emails To And From

Secretary of State concern CURRENT and Future policy that can involve war and peace. Snowden is a National Hero fopr his courage to expose the internal corruption in the most secretive agency of the US government. He did not release the information himself but instead left that task to journalists who are well respected and who would use discretion in their release. Snowden used reasonable judgement in taking precautions to ensure some level of security in his undertaking. Hillary just "opted for convenience... and states she ... MADE A MISTAKE!

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 11:08 AM

16. agree that her decision to use a private server

was a breathtakingly bad idea - quite apart from the squishy ethics in terms of potential conflict of interest (no not illegal, but, sorry, not an ethical model either, as all federal employees are instructed on the absolute importance of separating government interest from personal interest as much as humanly possible -- and an absolute no-brainer for a politically/diplomatically sensitive position such as Sec of State), it was a shockingly stupid idea in terms of political strategy (the appearance of conflict of interest being at least as dangerous for her politically as actual conflict of interest). Surely at least one advisor could have pointed out how her use of a private server would fit squarely into the Clinton-entitlement-questionable-integrity meme, and how it could be used against her in a future presidential election.

To my dying day, I will never understand how/why she elected to conduct her email business this way.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 12:30 PM

23. brought to you by the Republican National Committee nt

Reply to this post

Response to msongs (Reply #23)

Sat Jan 30, 2016, 03:12 PM

25. NOT Even Close...

Merely Pointing out Da FACTS NOW... rather than later...

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 01:28 AM

31. The same as her rationale for denying 32 million Americans healthcare

No we can't is just more convenient for her

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 01:38 AM

32. You would have thought she would have been more careful

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 31, 2016, 04:01 AM

33. Maintaining your own server is not convenient.

What a bullshit excuse. I set up a private email server instead of just taking the one given to me by the state department out of convenience! If hiring and outside firm to manage her email was just a matter of convenience, it would have been a billion times more convenient to just have someone sync up her email on her phone. I have about 10 different email addresses, some on my own email server, and some from gmail and places like that, managing them all is dirt simple, but if I ever have email trouble, its not with gmail, its with one I host myself, because a lot can go wrong.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread