HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » I Was A Cop In A Country ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016, 11:50 AM

I Was A Cop In A Country With No Guns

Once again, Cracked delivers the humor, with a good dose of information.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2353-i-was-cop-in-country-with-no-guns-6-startling-truths.html

2 replies, 1007 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I Was A Cop In A Country With No Guns (Original post)
Kelvin Mace Jul 2016 OP
guillaumeb Jul 2016 #1
Kelvin Mace Jul 2016 #2

Response to Kelvin Mace (Original post)

Tue Jul 12, 2016, 11:56 AM

1. Recommended.

It begins,

Over the first eight months of 2015, American police killed 776 people, while British police killed exactly one. American police are eight times as likely to kill a citizen, and ten times as likely to die on the job, as their essentially unarmed British counterparts.

Many in the US see the police as a force for the preservation of rich white privilege.

And some police obviously see the citizens as the enemy. This some, the some that brutalize and kill, need to be fired and prosecuted. They need to be turned in by their fellow police, instead of covered up.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to guillaumeb (Reply #1)

Tue Jul 12, 2016, 12:40 PM

2. I am white and have been abused by the police

up to and including the death of my mother, so I am in the category that doesn't trust them, and believes they need to be reined in hard.

I have zero doubt about the stories that come out of the minority community, especially since I saw it first hand when I lived in the minority community. This has been going on since I was a kid. It is just now we have video proof, not that that has made the slightest difference so far.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread