HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » 2016 Postmortem (Forum) » What I think we'll see to...

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 05:56 PM

What I think we'll see tomorrow night..Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/what-i-think-we-ll-see-tomorrow-night

by Josh Marshall, published 11/7/16, 1:59 pm ET

A group of reasons make me think Clinton is increasingly likely to win and increasingly likely to outperform the numbers which have seemed likely for the last week plus. I don't like making predictions. I think for the same reason I've never understood the appeal of gambling. I don't know the future. Why would I cause myself anxiety by stipulating to something I don't know? In any case, looking at the public polls, the best breakdowns of the early vote, the indications of a high turnout election in general, what I can glean about what Clinton campaign thinks is happening, I suspect Clinton is going to over-perform the public polls and end up with a more lopsided victory than a lot of us have expected.

Am I sure? Not at all. These are just 'more likely than not' reads; and a lot of those reads are favoring Clinton.

(more at link)

3 replies, 781 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What I think we'll see tomorrow night..Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo: (Original post)
Stuart G Nov 2016 OP
LonePirate Nov 2016 #1
longship Nov 2016 #3

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 06:09 PM

1. Let's hope he's right about Clinton overperforming public polls.

There has simply been far too much uncertainty and weirdness in this election to make me comfortable about anything. We simply have not seen anything like this in a very long time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Stuart G (Original post)

Mon Nov 7, 2016, 06:32 PM

3. TPM is an obligatory daily visit.

And make sure that you check out Josh's Editor's Blog during your visit. Lots of good stuff from Josh there.

Altogether a great political site.
R&

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread