HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Gender & Orientation » History of Feminism (Group) » 18 Survivors Of Sexual As...

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:50 PM

18 Survivors Of Sexual Assault Tell The Numbers Behind Their Stories

Mount Holyoke student Ali Safran said she came up with the idea for the Tumblr in October 2012, the three-year anniversary of her own assault. She said the name is a play on the phrase “strength in numbers.”

“The blog has grown to be about removing stigma and shame from sharing your story as a survivor, and is also a place for survivors to read others’ stories and be able to have their own experience validated,” the 21-year-old Safran said.

She added, “A lot of people have written to me to say how thankful they are to have a space to share; that they’d never told anyone about being assaulted before, or had told people and had gotten really hurtful or blaming reactions.”

She added, “A lot of people have written to me to say how thankful they are to have a space to share; that they’d never told anyone about being assaulted before, or had told people and had gotten really hurtful or blaming reactions.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/survivors-of-sexual-assault-tell-the-numbers-behind-stories

2 replies, 3804 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 18 Survivors Of Sexual Assault Tell The Numbers Behind Their Stories (Original post)
ismnotwasm Nov 2013 OP
NYC_SKP Nov 2013 #1
ismnotwasm Nov 2013 #2

Response to ismnotwasm (Original post)

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:55 PM

1. "Number of Friends Lost"....

So sad.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to NYC_SKP (Reply #1)

Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:59 PM

2. Yeah, that one got me too