HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control Reform Activism (Group) » Oh, Canada . . .

Mon Apr 20, 2020, 03:41 PM

Oh, Canada . . .

A mass shooting in Canada was the deadliest in its history. At least 16 people, including a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer, were killed in a roving gun rampage that began at a home in Nova Scotia on Saturday night. The perpetrator was disguised as a police officer and led authorities on a 12-hour manhunt before he died.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/suspect-gabriel-wortman-claims-several-victims-in-portapique-nova-scotia-rampage-police?utm_source=The+Trace+mailing+list&utm_campaign=d45bbeb054-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_09_24_04_06_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f76c3ff31c-d45bbeb054-51831121

In the US we call that Tuesday . . .

2 replies, 4572 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Oh, Canada . . . (Original post)
flamin lib Apr 2020 OP
Bev54 Apr 2020 #1
Worried2020 Apr 2020 #2

Response to flamin lib (Original post)

Mon Apr 20, 2020, 04:02 PM

1. It is 18 people so far but

they have not yet examined the burnt out buildings so could be more. There will be more gun restrictions coming.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to flamin lib (Original post)

Mon Apr 20, 2020, 06:05 PM

2. Yeah - that's pretty unusual up here

I just hope it's not an indication of more to come - copycats, depression, etc.,

The stay at home thingy is blamed for increasing incidents of domestic violence, although it appears to have decreased general criminal activity.

Hell, people can get "cabin-fever" even when they alive alone . . .

Imagine living with someone 24/7 that you sighed a sigh of relief as they went off to work, and having most of the day to yourself, fussing about with chores, child-care etc. without input from someone on your performance . . . Now they are underfoot with nothing much to do . . . . a recipe for problems if ya ask me.

I've always been in favor of our reduced access to hand guns and automatic weapons. But I know, if one wants to, one can get them up here. Luckily, it appears that not too many of us wanna go that route.

W

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread