HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Justice & Public Safety » Gun Control Reform Activism (Group) » White House on assault we...

Tue Mar 19, 2013, 07:28 PM

White House on assault weapons ban: ‘We’re going to find the votes’

It's not over!

White House chief of staff Denis McDonough said in an interview Tuesday that Senate Democrats’ decision to introduce a gun control bill that doesn’t include an assault weapons ban does not constitute a setback for President Obama’s gun control efforts.

In an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, McDonough said the bill can still be brought up as an amendment and that there should still be a concerted effort to pass it.

“We’re going to work on this. We’re going to find the votes,” McDonough said, according to a transcript. “And it deserves a vote and let’s see if we can get it done.”

[link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/19/white-house-on-assault-weapons-ban-were-going-to-find-the-votes/|

2 replies, 1531 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply White House on assault weapons ban: ‘We’re going to find the votes’ (Original post)
mwrguy Mar 2013 OP
Tuesday Afternoon Mar 2013 #1
apocalypsehow Mar 2013 #2

Response to mwrguy (Original post)

Tue Mar 19, 2013, 07:29 PM

1. of course it is not over. it is what they do for a living. I don't expect anything less

although, I am not demanding any thing more either

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mwrguy (Original post)

Wed Mar 20, 2013, 12:22 AM

2. I suspect we'll have to wait a congressional election cycle or two to get the comprehensive

gun safety law(s) the country is looking for. All the more reason to press ahead with efforts to (1) get more Democrats elected to Congress and (2) use every other avenue at the state levels to advance meaningful gun legislation.

Unfortunately, that also means that tens of thousands of innocent Americans will have to die in the interim so the gun lobby and their pro-NRA shills & sycophants can keep fondling their popguns and strutting about town with pistols perched in their pants. That's the very real tragedy of it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread