HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Good News (Group) » Dog reunited with family

Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:31 PM

Dog reunited with family

A family of 3 was spending a quiet evening at home with their dog, a teacup Great Dane, in Idaho on the night of Nov. 7 when a truck crashed through 4 walls of their home. They were enjoying a card game when the truck struck them leaving the man with five broken ribs, a broken collarbone, a broken shoulder, and a severe gash on his leg that required 150 stitches. The woman sustained a broken neck and a lacerated liver while the child needed a few stitches and treatment for a dislocated hip.

The dog escaped injury and evidently followed the ambulance which transported the family to a medical facility. He then disappeared and friends and family set out to find him.

On Saturday morning the dog was returned to a family friend by an anonymous resident who found him. A surprise reunion between dog and master was arranged.

"When they told me they were going to take me outside for some fresh air I was wondering why no one was talking about my dog," Groat said. "I thought he had gotten run over, it was terrible."

But Groat's 80-pound, four-legged companion was waiting to say hello.

"It was unbelievable," Groat said. "It made my day. I didn't even feel my broken bones then."

See the teacup Dane here: http://magicvalley.com/news/local/idaho-family-reunited-with-pet-after-truck-hits-home/article_6b68490c-4bd3-11e3-b653-0019bb2963f4.html

3 replies, 1066 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Dog reunited with family (Original post)
hermetic Nov 2013 OP
alsame Nov 2013 #1
hermetic Nov 2013 #2
Blue Owl Nov 2013 #3

Response to hermetic (Original post)

Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:36 PM

1. "Teacup Great Dane" is an

oxymoron if I ever heard one

I'm glad he was found and the family was reunited.

Wishing them all a speedy recovery.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to alsame (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 14, 2013, 12:46 PM

2. I know, huh

Good-looking dog, though. I'm happy they're back together again, too.

Reply to this post

Response to hermetic (Original post)

Fri Nov 15, 2013, 11:20 AM

3. Wow -- dog stories are awesome!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread