HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Free ice cream! Capital ...
Undecided 36%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden13%
Bernie Sanders8%
Kamala Harris8%

Wed May 22, 2019, 06:49 AM

Free ice cream! Capital city says it's ready for Sanders' Statehouse rally Saturday

Montpelier -- Capitol Police say they expect a crowd of between 3,000 and 5,000 at Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Vermont kick-off rally Saturday on the Statehouse lawn.

Chief Matthew Romei said a gathering of that size is “well within” the capacity of the grounds, site of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate’s first event in the state since announcing a second run for the White House.

Romei said law enforcement has largely been taking direction on security measures from the Sanders campaign. He said there will be a few set entrance points, with the campaign wanding rally-goers as they enter the lawn.

“We’re working with all our typical partner agencies to make a successful happy Saturday — if the weather complies,” Romei said. “That’s the wild card component. The biggest thing we’re keeping an eye on at the moment is the weather.”

Read more: https://vtdigger.org/2019/05/21/capital-city-says-ready-sanders-statehouse-rally-saturday/

Related article:
https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/vermont/2019/05/21/bernie-sanders-montpelier-statehouse-rally-parking-traffic-and-schedule/3665482002/
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Beto O'Rourke

1 replies, 322 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Free ice cream! Capital city says it's ready for Sanders' Statehouse rally Saturday (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2019 OP
brooklynite May 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed May 22, 2019, 07:09 AM

1. Locking down the critical Vermont vote?

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Pete Buttigieg

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread