HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Presidential candidate Wa...
Undecided 36%
Elizabeth Warren18%
Joe Biden13%
Kamala Harris10%
Bernie Sanders8%

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 07:20 AM

Presidential candidate Wayne Messam vows to continue campaign despite missing national debate stage

Wayne Messam, the only Floridian seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, said Friday hes continuing his campaign even though he missed the cut for the first pair of candidate debates, depriving him of valuable national exposure.

Im still encouraged and I still have an opportunity to qualify for the July debates and full steam ahead, he said in a telephone interview from Las Vegas, where hes been campaigning.

Messam, the mayor of Miramar, said hes given no thought to dropping out of the campaign he launched on March 28. Oh no. Its still early.

The first debates are June 26 and 27 in Miami effectively Messams back yard with 10 candidates on each night. Besides Messam, Gov. Steve Bullock of Montana, U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton of Massachusetts and former U.S. Sen. Mike Gravel of Alaska didnt qualify.

Read more: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-wayne-messam-campaign-continues-20190614-a4ws4nzh45bm3nv7q7rlfmyani-story.html
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Beto O'Rourke

3 replies, 186 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Presidential candidate Wayne Messam vows to continue campaign despite missing national debate stage (Original post)
TexasTowelie Jun 16 OP
JI7 Jun 16 #1
Funtatlaguy Jun 16 #2
TexasTowelie Jun 16 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 07:21 AM

1. lol

Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JI7 (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 07:26 AM

2. Bless his heart.

Elizabeth Warren

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 07:30 AM

3. At one point his wife wouldn't even let him write the checks to pay his campaign staff.

I'm surprised he hasn't withdrawn.
Beto O'Rourke

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread