HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Biden Spanish-language ad...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 10:01 AM

Biden Spanish-language ad becomes 'hot mess'

Politico

In the run-up to his expected presidential campaign announcement, former Vice President Joe Biden’s supporters cut a Spanish-language ad in South Florida over the weekend emphasizing healthcare, education and his biography.

The Saturday film shoot was a hushed affair — paid local actors signed non-disclosure agreements promising not to discuss the job. But some posted images on social media of the Fort Lauderdale commercial anyway, prompting a flurry of emails warning of legal exposure and requesting that those involved delete any images of the shoot and not talk to the media about it.

“We are in a hot mess with campaign and client because someone leaked footage,” read a Monday email to the actors obtained by POLITICO. The email surmised that the footage was from “some moms taking photo/video of their kids while they were being filmed.”

Biden’s spokesman, Bill Russo, said his team “wouldn’t comment on that” when asked Monday about the commercial shoot. It was unclear who was behind the commercial, whether it was Biden, his American Possibilities political committee or another group.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Pete Buttigieg

3 replies, 422 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden Spanish-language ad becomes 'hot mess' (Original post)
brooklynite Apr 2019 OP
Demit Apr 2019 #1
Decoy of Fenris Apr 2019 #2
snowybirdie Apr 2019 #3

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 10:07 AM

1. Spanish-language actors reading words in Spanish will do wonders for Biden's authenticity.

On location but in front of a green screen. Yikes.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 10:18 AM

2. This type of stuff is common in commercials. What's the issue?

Is it just because it's green-screened? I mean, unless Biden tries to foist it off as "on the streets interviews" or something, which would be patently dishonest after this, I don't see why this is even an issue. This practice in commercials is common use.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 11:43 AM

3. And the point of this

Posting is???????? How about posting positives about a chosen candidate instead of perceived negatives of another one? It'll get ugly here if we don't. So many good ones to choose from, don't you agree?
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread