HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Sanders 2020 (Group) » Today, I voted to convict...
Bernie Sanders You are in the Sanders 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Bernie Sanders as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 05:56 PM

Today, I voted to convict President Trump on two articles of impeachment.

Today, I voted to convict President Trump on two articles of impeachment. It gives me no pleasure to conclude that he is guilty of the offenses laid out in the trial.

Sadly, we have a president who sees himself as above the law and is ignorant or indifferent to the Constitution.

There were two questions for me to answer as a juror in the impeachment trial: whether President Trump is guilty of abusing his power as president for his own political gain, and whether he obstructed Congress in their investigation of him.

The evidence of Trump’s guilt is so overwhelming that the Republican Party, for the first time in the history of presidential impeachment, obstructed testimony from witnesses—even willing witnesses.

My greater concern is if Republicans acquit President Trump by undercutting the very rule of law. That will truly be remembered as a sad and dangerous moment in the history of our country.

1 replies, 177 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Today, I voted to convict President Trump on two articles of impeachment. (Original post)
Donkees Feb 5 OP
Uncle Joe Feb 5 #1

Response to Donkees (Original post)

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 06:07 PM

1. Kicked and recommended.

Thanks for the thread Donkees.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread