HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Warren 2020 (Group) » Finally can post here ...
Elizabeth Warren You are in the Warren 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Elizabeth Warren as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 12:59 PM

Finally can post here ...

waited a week after switching from the Biden camp. I was never a hard-core believer in him but simply thought he might appeal in enough swing states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, etc. to flip them.

It was something Michael Moore said a few weeks ago that convinced me we needed a street fighter like Warren. I posted my original thoughts in the Primaries Forum (https://www.democraticunderground.com/1287247295) and received 80 Recs, 92 replies, and 3245 views. Something certainly resonated with the crowd here.

Moore doesn't specifically mention or endorse Warren in this clip. But I think she has the charisma and skill set to rally the crowd Moore points to -- certainly with more effect than Biden.

To any Warren campaign staffers who might (hopefully) monitor this group, here's my two cents: keep the candidate -- and message -- authentic.

LET'S KICK GOP BUTT!!!

6 replies, 960 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Finally can post here ... (Original post)
Auggie Aug 28 OP
List left Aug 28 #1
polmaven Aug 28 #2
crazytown Aug 28 #3
crazytown Aug 28 #4
Boomer Aug 29 #5
Auggie Aug 29 #6

Response to Auggie (Original post)

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 02:25 PM

1. Of all the candidates Warren is the scrapper who finishes what she starts! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 04:38 PM

2. She is MY SENATOR

and I certainly intend to vote for her all the way!!

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 10:54 PM

3. Welcome !

There is a lot at stake, and people are scared. But we canít choose a candidate we donít believe in just because weíre too scared to do anything else. And we canít ask other people to vote for a candidate we donít believe in. Democrats win when we figure out what is right and we get out there and fight for it. I am not afraid, and for Democrats to win, you canít be afraid either.

Elizabeth Warren

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 28, 2019, 10:57 PM

4. "keep the candidate -- and message -- authentic"

I would not like to be a campaign staffer who suggested to Elizabeth anything else !

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 29, 2019, 06:36 AM

5. Years ago...

Many years ago I watched a news clip in which Warren talked about how "No one succeeds alone." That the most successful businesses and corporations all relied on the U.S. infrastructure of roads and police and fire stations and educated workers. Paying their fair share of taxes was their way of paying back the country for this contribution to their success.

I wanted her for president right then and there. I've been waiting for her to run ever since.

Reply to this post

Response to Boomer (Reply #5)

Thu Aug 29, 2019, 01:26 PM

6. I'v heard her say that too ...

its a great sound bite.

Another blurb I read, this from economist Ravi Batra, was how U.S. corporations needed to help pay back the TRILLIONS of dollars spent on national defense that helps these corporations, their stockholders and execs, become so wealthy.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread