HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » aintitfunny » Journal
Page: 1


Profile Information

Member since: Mon Jan 19, 2004, 04:23 PM
Number of posts: 1,417

Journal Archives

I Support Impeachment Proceedings

As much as I would have liked Donald Trump to be removed from office before the Mueller Report was released, I was at best apathetic about impeachment. The corruption of the Republican Party and the malicious control Senate Majority Leader McConnell wields over that body, makes it unlikely that impeachment would go through. There are few if any Republicans who love their country above and beyond their fervor for the corporate money that feeds their re-election campaigns. Don’t get me wrong, Democrats in Congress, are not free of blame, all take as much money as they can get because that’s what We the People enable. But it is not comparable. The term decent Republican is now an oxymoron.

I haven’t read the whole un-redacted portions of the report. I have read enough to know that Trump has not just committed “High crimes and misdemeanors” he continues to do so, blatantly. It is frightening to imagine what the black lines cover up.

Per Wikipedia: “The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct by officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, refusal to obey a lawful order, chronic intoxication, and tax evasion.”

What we know to be true via the Mueller Report and our own eyes and ears is at least misconduct, abuse of authority, intimidation, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, unbecoming conduct, refusal to obey a lawful order. What we are not sure of is tax evasion, bribery, perjury of oath but chances are that some if not all have occurred. Chronic intoxication is unlikely, he doesn’t drink, but drug use is an unknown.

In addition to the Republican Senate, Attorney General Barr has aided and abetted a cover-up and should be subject to impeachment for such unlawful behavior. He has violated his oath of office. He has lied to Congress and the American People. Many will trust his PR announcement that there is no collusion, Trump is not guilty of obstruction. Some people will shrug their shoulders and move on with their life struggles. Then there are those who watch Fox News talking heads and subscribe to right-wing websites. These media sources will nail this fiction down as fact and will pound away until their followers will know nothing else. Many will not have the capability to allow anything to penetrate the propagandic brainwashing they subject themselves to. Even if they cared enough to try.

Impeachment proceedings will lay it out for the American people to see. Excluding the standard 30% of our country who line up behind Trump, no matter what, the other 70% should be informed, aware. I remember Nixon’s impeachment. I remember Clinton’s impeachment. It was painful to hear the unvarnished truth, but it cleared the fog and answered the unanswered questions. That was liberating.

I fully support impeachment.
Go to Page: 1