I think the whole "run government like a business" model always backfires for us for that reason (and many others). Business and government should be kept as far apart from each other as religion and government JMHO.
but if he sat around and watched everything unfolding and not lifting a finger to do anything (which all evidence currently indicates) or actively inhibited a response (which is also suggested in regards to National Guard deployment), then, as POTUS, he still was negligent in fulfilling his responsibilities and should be held accountable accordingly for what DID happen IMHO.
if election denialism has been about right-wingers getting control of the voting/election apparatus all along?
1. The FBI didn't disclose they were investigating Trump campaign ties to Russia during the 2016 Election while Comey was publicly commenting at every opportunity about the HRC e-mail server investigation even though no charges were determined to be warranted, even leaking just before the election that undeniably damaged HRC at the last minute just because they were supposedly afraid of Republican backlash.
2. Trump got to appoint a SCOTUS Justice right out of the gate, since Senate Republicans kept Obama from nominating Garland to fill the late Scalia's seat all throughout 2016 because of a principle/rule that never existed before.
3. Trump could never be indicted, charged, stand trial, etc. because of some obscure OLC memo even though Clinton had to stand trial/get deposed in a civil suit during his Presidency.
4. Trump couldn't be impeached/convicted in 2020 because Republicans said that the voters, not the Congress, should decide whether he is fit for the office (even though it is Congress' duty to respond to an out-of-control executive and they certainly felt strongly about that when it came to Bill Clinton).
5. Republicans hypocritically reversed themselves on seating SCOTUS justices near an election and rushed to install yet another Trump Justice WHILE PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY VOTING in 2020.
6. Trump couldn't be impeached/convicted right after instigating a coup in 2021 because he was leaving office (consequently, now he can still run in 2024 or beyond and threaten the country and democracy again).
7. Now all of this insane "Special Master" business with the Mar-A-Lago doc raid.
Feel free to add any others you think of.......
-Calling LGBTQ people "groomers" and banning Transgender people from sports and taking away their gender affirming health care and sending CPS out to investigate families whom affirm rather than punish their children for being Transgender
-Sending troops to the border indefinitely for a publicity stunt
-Taking away people's reproductive freedoms just because you could and threatening to take away other rights that deal with bodily autonomy
-Asking states to ignore the will of the people and certify somebody else as the winner of a free and fair election. Especially divisive coming from the wife of sitting Supreme Court Justice.
-disenfranchising people who have just been enfranchised and then arresting them when they try to vote even though they thought they could
-Firing elected officials for specious reasons and replacing them with cronies
-Attacking companies for attempting to be inclusive
To paraphrase Captain America, we can do this all day!
Profile InformationName: Mara Alis Butler
Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana
Home country: USA
Current location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Member since: Sat Feb 28, 2004, 12:13 AM
Number of posts: 24,179
About Mad_Machine76Transgender Woman /Social Worker/Case Manager working for State of Indiana. Huge Sci-Fi/Anime Geek and music lover. Hopeless \"political junkie\" and aspiring writer.
- 2023 (41)
- 2022 (84)
- 2021 (111)
- 2020 (95)
- 2019 (141)
- 2018 (176)
- 2017 (254)
- 2016 (163)
- 2015 (267)
- 2014 (447)
- 2013 (374)
- 2012 (755)
- 2011 (36)
- December (36)