Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Pets

Showing Original Post only (View all)

vercetti2021

(10,156 posts)
Tue Feb 27, 2024, 06:22 PM Feb 27

Mentally preparing myself [View all]

Lily has a tumor on her side. Yes it is cancerous. No idea what will happen since Friday they are removing it. I'm honestly afraid because last time we had one of our dogs go in for life saving surgery, he died two days later. I can't do this again. If she dies, I'm gonna not be able to function properly again.

I keep reading that they survive 95% of the time, but know the dark cloud we have over us on the constant the other 5% is going to get us. I can't go through this again.

16 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Mentally preparing myself [View all] vercetti2021 Feb 27 OP
I hope Lily does well and that you have many more happy years together. iscooterliberally Feb 27 #1
My heart is with you. Hope22 Feb 27 #2
Dont give up hope !!! Karadeniz Feb 27 #3
Sometimes I do vercetti2021 Feb 27 #7
Its difficult, but as an animal rescuer ive had to realize that sometimes my Karadeniz Feb 27 #8
Hope all turns out well for both you and Lilly! 70sEraVet Feb 27 #4
I hope Lily does just fine... 2naSalit Feb 27 #5
If you trust the Surgeon, JMCKUSICK Feb 27 #6
Lifting you both up to the healing light wendyb-NC Feb 27 #9
We do what we can for our furry babies. As long as we do our best, we have done all we can do. TomSlick Feb 27 #10
I'm keeping you and Lily in my thoughts BootOutTheGoons Feb 28 #11
How old is she? TexasBushwhacker Feb 28 #12
about 7 years vercetti2021 Feb 29 #13
I'm so sorry. That's young! TexasBushwhacker Feb 29 #14
Sending you and Lily Goddessartist Feb 29 #15
Blessings to you both moonbeam23 Mar 8 #16
Latest Discussions»Culture Forums»Pets»Mentally preparing myself»Reply #0