HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Home & Family » DIY & Home Improvement (Group) » I need to find a particlu... » Reply #8

Response to csziggy (Reply #3)

Mon Feb 15, 2021, 09:31 PM

8. i'm tempted to say that looks like a chicago screw

IF that hole is 3/16" or larger that might be the first thing i'd try. they come in varying lengths and the cheapest/easiest to procure are at the office depot. different finishes and materials are available but that 3/16" diameter is constant.


carriage bolts come in every diameter and length at your local hardware store. some thread might show between horses but that could be covered by running through tubing stock or even heat shrink tube.

sort of puts me in mind of a "20 mule team" model i had as a kid.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
csziggy Feb 15 OP
LunaSea Feb 15 #1
csziggy Feb 15 #3
LunaSea Feb 15 #7
LineLineLineNew Reply i'm tempted to say that looks like a chicago screw
rampartc Feb 15 #8
rampartc Feb 15 #2
csziggy Feb 15 #4
Clearly fogged in Feb 15 #5
csziggy Feb 15 #9
Kali Feb 15 #6
csziggy Feb 15 #11
MN2theMax Feb 15 #10
csziggy Feb 15 #12
csziggy Feb 16 #13
Please login to view edit histories.